Storage Rules & Guidelines
We're happy to store your stuff, as long as it meets the following conditions:
- A single healthy and able bodied person can safely carry it on their own
- It is not listed on our list of prohibited items below
If you don't know if something would break either of these rules, we've got a solution. Get in touch and ask us. We're happy to work with our members and find ways to help them. Or, you can always ask your friendly storage specialist when they come to pick up your stuff.
What types of things are NOT ALLOWED to be stored?
To ensure the safety and security of our staff, storage facilities, and everyones Items stored with us, we will not allow some items into storage. If you can't take it on an airplane, or if it's illegal, we probably won't take it. Our list of disallowed items is:
- Any food or persihable item
- Anything living. We can't take your pets, or even your leftover sod from redoing your lawn.
- Especially smelly items. Things which have been exposed to lots of cigarette smoke, for example.
- Flammable Items. You'll have to keep the fireworks at home.
- Firearms or Ammunition
- Compressed gasses or storage containers
- Poisonous or biohazard materials
- Medical waste. Why on earth would you give us medical waste?
- Prescription drugs
- Any item considered illegal under Federal or Provincial law
- Liquids, gels, or aerosols.
- Wine and Alcohol
- Anything which requires a regulated temperature. We cannot guarangee a specific temperature for your stuff.
Feel like you're at the airport yet?
Sealed Containers are also subject to these same terms and conditions. In the event a container is suspected to be in violation of these terms and conditions, it will be returned to you and subject to a fee. We will also refuse to take a container at the time of pick up which contains any prohibited items.
We reserve the right to open and inspect a sealed container at our facilities should we suspect it contains prohibited items. In the event we discovered prohibited items in a sealed container, the return or disposal of the offending items is subject to a fee.
What do you do with prohibited items?
Should we discover a prohibited item with your stuff, we will notify you via email that we are unable to store the item(s) and discuss options with you to return or dispose of them accordingly. Let's say you accidentially gave us a half empty bottle of dog shampoo. We'd be happy to just throw it away if you didn't want it back.
Should an item be a safety concern like a propane tank, we will not be able to return it to you as that would be unsafe for our staff. The costs for the safe handling and disposal of the item will be charged to your account.
Items which are illegal will be reported to the appropriate authorities
What about knives and such?
Your chefs knives or hunting knives are fine, but we do have some extra rules around them:
- Blades and sharp objects must be packed separately
- You must tell your storage specialist when the items are picked up
- Blades and sharp points are required to be covered and/or protected to prevent accidental contact
What about valuable stuff?
We treat all your belongings with respect, regardless of their value. If an item is extremely valuable, we always advise keeping it in a safety deposit box, but we are willing and able to store it for you in our secure facility. Please read about your Storage Shield coverage before you decide to store a high value item with us.
Can I store furniture?
At this time, we only store items which can be carried by a single able-bodied person. We can take your lamps, end tables, folding chairs, etc. Things like mattresses, couches and large tables can't come to our warehouse without making alternative arrangements with us. Please contact us to discuss your specific needs. We're here to help.
Can I ship items directly to you?
You bet you can! Provided the items meet our storage guidelines we're happy to accept a delivery on your behalf. Please contact us in advance to arrange for a delivery to be received and added to your account.